Wednesday, September 3, 2008

illustration friday - memories


Memories - I love all things old/vintage/nostalgic and I am often drawn to images of women of a certain generation, women who weren't confused about who they were or what their roles were, or so it seemed - my Gran's generation. Something a little different this week - i have had a go at some collage, which i really enjoyed, I thought i would try and get away from the Mac but i ended up scanning it all in and adding all sorts of textures...hmmm those layers in photoshop are just too good to pass up. I would be interested to know what people think of this collage style.

7 comments:

Karoeza said...

very lovely!

milanrubio said...

Absolutly fantastic. I like everythig in this picture.
Great.

Karen Smithey said...

I like the style, but then I'm partial to collage. LOVE the colors!

Shugar said...

this looks great! :)
certainly has a fine vintage feel to it.

Connie said...

This week's word really suits your style and I really like this piece. The colours are wonderful and I like the combination of the old and new (the lettering) and the 'whimsical' (the polka dots). The sizes of the individual items are good (sometimes collages can be overcrowded or have one item that doesn't fit in). The only think that doesn't seem to sit so happily is the yellow rose maybe.

Nessa Dee said...

I love the warm colors and textures in this piece!

Unknown said...

oh pretty pretty!